Two things that I love; banana bread & experimenting with different flavours. I have had this same recipe for years and so sometimes I like to change it up a bit. One thing I don’t love, is when I am searching for a recipe in a super long blog post. So, let’s get right into it!
- 2-3 Ripe Bananas, the squishier the better.
- Pinch of salt.
- 1 Tsp of cinnamon.
- 1 Tsp of baking soda.
- 1 Tsp of vanilla essence.
- 2 Eggs at room temperature.
- 1/3 Cup of butter, melted.
- 3/4 Cup of brown sugar.
- 1 1/2 Cups of all-purpose flour.
- 2 heaped Tsp of cocoa.
- A handful of chopped dates.
- A handful of chopped nuts (I used macadamia nuts)
- Chop up 1 banana.
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius
- Mash up the bananas.
- Add the eggs, butter and vanilla essence to the banana mix.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add dry mix to the banana mix.
- Add it the chopped dates and nuts.
- Grease your loaf tin.
- Pour the mix in.
- Place the chopped bananas inside.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
My friend Dylan has his own beekeeping business, that is local to South Africa. P.O Box Honey! This thick, raw and unfiltered liquid gold pairs so nicely on a slice of warm banana bread. Check out his instagram. He posts fun facts about bees and videos of his hive removals.
YUM YUM YUM! Let me know if you try this recipe or if you added your own unique ingredients.