You know those days where you are feeling snacky but don’t know what to have? I’ve got your covered! I had never made these before, but now that I have, they’re going to be a staple for satisfying my snacky needs.
I don’t know about you but I love being inspired by just looking at recipes and watching the cooking channel. Whether or not I actually find enough energy to make the mouth-watering dishes I just laid my eyes on, is another question. With regards to recipes, I’m not one for long, lengthy discussions about each individual ingredient. I like to get straight to the point. It’s quick, easy to make and it’s flavourful. What more do you need.
I made three different date balls, just to be a little extra. Dark chocolate pistachio, plain dark chocolate and cocoa.
- 1 Cup of Oats
- 1 Cup of Peanut Butter (Or any nut butter you prefer)
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 2 Weetbix
- 1 Cup of Dates in some boiled water (leave to soften)
- A Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 Cup of Cocoa
- A Splash of Flavour Nation‘s Chocolate Mint Crisp flavouring
- Gnaw Dark Chocolate (or any dark chocolate, that’s just the one I used)
- 1 Teaspoon of Coconut Oil
- Cocoa for Dusting
- In a separate bowl, soak the dates in boiling hot water for 5 minutes.
- Blend the oats, weetbix, cocoa, peanut butter, cinnamon and salt together.
- Add the dates to the mix.
- Add the date water to the mix, one tablespoon at a time, until you can form a ball without it falling apart.
- Roll the mix into the desired sized ball and then place on a tray.
- Place the tray in the freezer until they are frozen solid.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Finely dice the pistachios.
- Coat the frozen balls in the chocolate and sprinkle the chopped pistachios on the top.
- Coat the frozen balls in the cocoa for a different taste.
- For added flavour, add a tiny sprinkle of Himalayan salt on the top.
Let me know if you try this recipe!